Thursday, September 23, 2010

Final Paper Musings

Before all these deadlines start to blur together in my head, I just wanna take sometime to brain storm ideas for my final paper.

Idea #1: I want to do something related to the memoir writing process, how it relates to other styles of writing. In order to accomplish this, I was thinking I could take a shot at writing an abridged memoir commemorating a certain period of my life (most likely this past summer) and complementing it with analytical pieces that dissect each memory and sorta explain my writing process as I wrote down these memories.

Idea #2: I've kept a bunch of journals throughout my middle school and high school career. I'd love to write a piece analyzing what significance these often poorly written recollections of my life really have. The paper will combine snippets from my journals paired with analysis and reflection on how my journals present memory. Also I'd think it'd be cool to track the steady progression in how i approach my experiences, to show how writing a diary somehow maps a person's growth as a human being. The logistics of this idea may be problematic since it would involve my parents shipping me my stacks of journals from back home somehow.

Idea #3: I was really inspired by "The Madeleine Episode" in Swann's Way, this notion that inanimate objects can sometimes retain ghostly lives and memories of their own.... I can relate to this in a certain way as well. Several objects in my life have powerful memories attached to them. I keep most of this stuff underneath my bed and like to sift through it all at times. So I think it would be cool to write a sort of disjointed memoir composed of short vignettes each inspired by a different keepsake of mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment