Saturday, November 20, 2010

Spacing Out

It's been awhile since I've posted.I've been busy I guess, distracted with classes and midterms and myriad little ventures.

As this last month in Boston stretches on into eternity, I find myself intensely, powerfully homesick. I see my friends talking to each other about Thanksgiving reunions... I read their facebook statuses and peruse the homecoming pictures they post. In Tennessee it's balmy and autumnal. The leaves are freshly turned and the air still has that latent summery high. I'm told by my Bostonian roommate that this is warm for Cambridge in November, an idea that has terrified me into buying long underwear and cold-weather boots and all sorts of large, voluminous layers.

As ideas for the two final papers I'm working on (Expos and Memoirs) stew fitfully in my head, I feel the constant need to write down what I'm feeling and sensing. I have so many ideas that I feel the need to articulate. The process of getting to that point, where my words and my thoughts meld effortlessly and with finality is what's got me down. I just need a moment to breathe, to forget these deadlines and put my life into perspective.

I'm counting down the days till I return home to my friends and my bed. I'm counting by tests (three to go), papers (three half written) and weekends (four I believe?).

How hath time flung itself by with such haste?

No comments:

Post a Comment